At Derby Law School we are exceptionally proud of everything that our graduates and alumni go on to accomplish. Below is a snap shot of some of the recent graduate success that we would like to celebrate…
Graduating Class of 2016/2017
As of February 2021, Jessica Tomney has qualified as a Property Solicitor having completed her training at Jeremy Marozzi & Co (January 2019 – January 2021). She took on her new role as a Property Solicitor with Berry & Lamberts Solicitors in February 2021.
Sayra Dhillon has accepted a job offer as an Associate & Solicitor at Nelsons to start upon her qualification in September 2021. She will be qualifying into Dispute Resolution and specialising in Professional Negligence & Commercial Litigation. Sayra has been a Trainee Solicitor with Nelsons since September 2019.
Siraj Bhachu started as a Trainee Solicitor at Irwin Mitchell from February 2021. Before this, he worked as a paralegal at Neil Davis & Partners (Nov 2018 – Feb 2021).
Alice Dunn became a Trainee Solicitor at Bhatia Best Solicitors in September 2020. Alice had previously worked as a Paralegal at Bhatia Best Solicitors since November 2019.
Molly McLoughlin has been a Trainee Solicitor at BHW Solicitors since May 2019 having worked as a paralegal at the firm since February 2019, and previously as a paralegal at Flint Bishop LLP (Sept 2017-2018).
Matthew Brown has been a Trainee Solicitor at Derbyshire Law Centre since September 2019 having worked at Derbyshire Law Centre as a paralegal since October 2016.
Outside of qualification as solicitors, there has also been success in alternative fields:
Zane Springe is currently employed as a Compliance Officer at UK Civil Service, whilst Ines Bacci is employed as a Consultant in Tax & Legal – Global Mobility Services at KPMG in Switzerland. Rachel Staley has also recently taken on the role of a Graduate Investigator at Nottinghamshire Police.
Graduating Class of 2017/2018
Remus Mihailescu began his journey as a Trainee Solicitor Weightmans in September 2019 having completed his LPC in 2019.
Sally Anne Smith took on the role of Trainee Solicitor at Claredon Law Solicitors in May 2020. Previously, Sally Anne had been a paralegal at Redwood Legal Ltd.
Several students from this graduating class are also on their way to qualification, gaining vital legal experience:
- Sophie Clarke – Paralegal and Client Manager at Mills & Reeve
- Nicola Briers – Paralegal at CLmedilaw
- Gianluca Baldissone – Paralegal at CNG Energy
- Samuel Tahir – Paralegal at DAC Beachcroft LLP
- Aylin Kismetli – Paralegal at Flint Bishop
- Megan Atkins – Paralegal at John Kent Solicitors
- Tanya Kirman – Paralegal at Nelsons Solicitors
- Callum Fotheringham – Paralegal at Knights Plc
- Abbie Broadbent – Paralegal at Knights Plc
- Sarah Lambley – Paralegal at Shacklocks
- Leonnie Mae Watson – Family Law Paralegal at Timms Solicitor
- Laurie Leigh Grainer – Civil Litigation Paralegal at Flint Bishop
- Danielle Lloyd – Legal Support Assistant at Lanyon Bowdler
- Baldeish Kaur – Legal Advisor at Lyons Davidson Ltd
- Chloe Parker – IP Administrator at Swindell & Peason Ltd
There are also several students within this graduating class that have gone on to careers outside of traditional legal professions of solicitor or barrister:
- Hannah Plush – Human Resources Consultant at Rentokil Initial
- Philip Cowburn – Tutor at the University of Law Nottingham
- Atlanta Wiggins – Teacher of Law at a Sixth Form
- Marnie Tomkinson – Admissions and Internal Examinations Officer
- Bradley France who recently became a Member of the Chartered Banker Institute
- Pascale Case-Baugh – Homelessness Advisor for Derby City Council
Graduating Class of 2018/2019
LLB graduate and current LLM LPC candidate Connor Ballwood began his new role as a Contracts and Compliance Co-ordinator at the University of Derby in February of this year.
Congratulations to all our recent graduates. We will continue to update this post as new information comes in. The above information is only a snap shot of what Derby Law School Graduates have gone on to achieve over the last few years and we couldn’t be more proud of them.
Please Note: All information correct according to Linkedin at the time of Publishing