Catch Up with Alumni: Sam Draycott

Year of Graduation: 2018

Linkedin Profile: Click Here

What are you doing now that you have graduated? 

Currently working for a branch of the NHS called NHS Shared Business services. Working in a payroll related role and specifically dealing with Overpayments in the NHS and ensuring this money is recovered and put back into frontline healthcare across the country.

How did you feel after you graduated? 

Relieved! Glad that all the hard work paid off and proud of what I had achieved over the 3 years. Also a little apprehensive as I now had to go off into the world and find employment!

What advice would you give to current students from an employability perspective? 

Don’t give up! Keep going, you will get there, and the work will pay off, get involved in as much stuff as you can at uni to get things on your CV that really stand out. Also take as many opportunities for experience as you can. This is something I would like to have done more of looking back as I have found it to be one of the main things employers want.

What are your plans for the future? 

Gain experience in my current role within the NHS, to hopefully then move onto something more legal related in the future.