Careers Appointments Available!

Hello everyone

I am Dominic Laing  Careers Consultant for the College of Business, Law and Social Sciences.

My role is to support your career planning. Developing your employability through work experience, volunteering or taking on a new personal challenge will serve you well. Colleagues and I in the Careers and Employment Service can help you plan your future, secure some suitable experience and reflect on your achievements. Take a look at our website for some inspiration www.derby.ac.uk/ces    

I offer individual careers guidance appointments for law students on a Thursday afternoon in room G04 of One Friar Gate Square .

These are bookable using the Appointments tab on the Careers and Employment Service website or directly atwww.derby.ac.uk/careers/dominic

Appointments will last 45 minutes and result in an agreed action plan.

I let YOU set the agenda whether that is exploring a range of career options, postgraduate study, gaining work experience, developing skills or preparing for interviews.

In addition Emma Farley, my Employability Adviser colleague, is available on a Friday morning in G06 to offer advice about vacancies for internships, placements graduate jobs and  further study. She can also help with applications, CVs, interviews and assessment centres.

Look forward to meeting you soon.

Dominic